A 9-Credit Online Graduate Certificate Program for Nursing Professionals
The field of Holistic Nursing is growing rapidly due to the changing health care climate and recognition of the benefits of integrating traditional health care with a patient-centered approach focused on health and healing. Holistic Nursing is not typically covered in standard nursing programs, so the University of Connecticut’s (UConn) School of Nursing has developed an Online Holistic Nursing Graduate Certificate to fill that need.
The Online Holistic Nursing Graduate Certificate program consists of three, 3-credit courses that can be completed within one year beginning in the fall semester. The program is designed for nurses interested in integrating holistic principles and evidence-based approaches in their professional practice. Students will learn about the state of the science in holistic care and the latest research on the efficacy and safety of a variety of complementary and integrative health approaches. This certificate program provides nurses with the educational foundation required to take the national board certification examination in holistic nursing. Every nurse who completes the three courses will receive a UConn certificate in Holistic Nursing.
Students will learn:
- The core principles and scope and standards of practice related to holistic nursing;
- The theories, models, definitions, and popular perceptions of holistic nursing, and how to apply them to address issues in health systems, services, practices, policy and research;
- The methods, effectiveness, and impact of holistic-based research, and how to apply them to develop evidence-based programs, policy, advocacy, and disseminate that information;
- The skills for selected complementary and integrative health approaches relevant to holistic nursing; and
- How to integrate the concepts and approaches of holistic nursing into professional nursing care for individuals, families, groups and populations.
We are currently accepting applications for the fall 2017 semester. Apply now to avoid last minute processing delays.