Holistic Nursing Online Graduate Certificate
A 9-Credit Online Graduate Certificate Program for Nursing Professionals
According to the American Holistic Nursing Association, it’s expected that the Holistic Nursing specialty will grow nearly 20% by 2022. Despite this, Holistic Nursing is not typically covered in standard nursing programs.
To fill this gap, the University of Connecticut's (UConn) School of Nursing developed the Holistic Nursing Online Graduate Certificate in 2016. This program includes a total of three, 3-credit online courses that can be completed within one year beginning in the fall semester. The program is designed for Registered Nurses with a Bachelor's Degree or higher interested in integrating holistic principles and evidence-based approaches in their professional practice. Students will learn about the state of the science in holistic care and the latest research on the efficacy and safety of a variety of complementary and integrative health approaches. This certificate program provides nurses the educational foundation required to take the national board certification examination in Holistic Nursing. Students will learn:
- The core principles, scope and standards of practice related to Holistic Nursing;
- The theories, models, definitions, and popular perceptions of Holistic Nursing, and how to apply them to address issues in health systems, services, practices, policy and research;
- The methods, effectiveness, and impact of holistic-based research, and how to apply them to develop evidence-based programs, policy, advocacy, and disseminate that information;
- The skills for selected complementary and integrative health approaches relevant to Holistic Nursing; and
- How to integrate the concepts and approaches of Holistic Nursing into professional nursing care for individuals, families, groups, and populations.
What Students Are Saying?